Our team of experts is able to install radon gas mitigation systems based on the most recent techniques adopted by the NCCR-P and using durable quality materials. 80% of our installations allow us to lower radon concentrations below 30 Bq/m3.
Our Design and Installation Experts
Mathieu Choinière – Founder of Radon XPro
Architect by profession and a certified professional of the National Radon Competency Program in Canada (C-NRPP), Mathieu designs mitigation systems and ensures that they respect the integrity of buildings. The C-NRPP is the only certification program for radon professionals that is aligned with the guidelines established by Public Health allowing it to offer optimal solutions for radon mitigation.
Mario Benoit – Foreman, Installation of radon mitigation systems
Mario has over 30 years of renovation experience in a wide range of sectors. He has a good sense of evaluation and an unparalleled expertise in the construction of small and large buildings. Building structure and renovation hold no secrets for him. He also holds a general contractor’s license and a carpenter’s certificate.
The simple radon mitigation system installation service includes:
- Parts, labor and transportation.
- Sub-slab communication test to establish the sub-slab pressure field with a micro-manometer.
- Installation of an active sub-slab floor depressurization system with a single fan and a floor outlet.
- Evacuation calibration with choice of fans, manual and micro-manometer control flap.
- Several post-evacuation test options to validate the effectiveness of the system.
- Area of 1500 square feet and more
- With complexity of the building structure (load bearing walls and room layout)
- Sub-membrane depressurization for crawl spaces
- Commercial buildings
Regions at risk
Here is a sample of cities where concentrations are above the Health Canada threshold of 200 Bq/m3. According to Health Canada, radon is present everywhere on the Canadian territory. This list is therefore representative, but not exhaustive.
Known areas that are the most at risk:
Beloeil, Saint-Hilaire, Oka, Mont-Laurier.
South Shore of Montreal
- Downtown Montreal
- Notre Dame de Grâce
- Montréal Est
- Plateau Mont-Royal
- Saint Bruno
- Otterburn Park
North Shore of Montreal